A passion for justice
Carmen Cabarga’s 20 year legal career as a stakeholder of the Miami-Dade County community has been in line with her public service calling. From the onset of her remarkable career, those closest to her would say her mindfulness of those around her facilitated her to give a voice to the most vulnerable of our community and has been her driving force.
Carmen is the daughter of working-class immigrants who instilled in her the value of reciprocating for what this community has provided her family. Her husband is a 20 year veteran Hialeah firefighter, and together they raise their two children.
Having been on both sides as a prosecutor and a defense attorney, Carmen’s passion for the rule of law is evident. She has a proven history of always approaching clients and cases fairly, without prejudgment, and abiding within the applicable laws and policies. Carmen is compassionate about the well being of others and works tirelessly to reach resolutions for people at their most difficult times.
Cabarga has called Miami-Dade home from her grade-school years, her law studies at the University of Miami, and followed her calling — nothing would make her more proud than the ability to continue to serve the people of Miami-Dade County.
- Carmen currently works as a defense attorney with the Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Council, advocating zealously on behalf of children and parents.
- As an attorney for the City of Miami Community Redevelopment Agency for Overtown/Omni/Midtown, Carmen represented the interests of those who live in underprivileged neighborhoods.
- Carmen worked as a prosecutor with the Department of Children and Families to protect children and the sanctity of the family unit in all forms.
- At the Guardianship Program of Dade County, Carmen fought for the dignity and safety of the incapacitated elderly of our community, who have lost their voice.
- Early in her career, Carmen worked as a litigation attorney in the criminal, immigration and insurance defense fields.
- Carmen’s legal experience expands over 20 years.
MEMBERSHIPS / AFFILIATIONS
- FL Bar
- Federal Bar/Southern District
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Cherry Black Women Lawyers Association
- Miami Lakes Bar Association
- Elder Law Committee for Improving the Standard of Care in FL Nursing Homes 2014
- GRACE Court (Human Trafficking of Children) Committee
- Municipios De Cuba En El Exilio, Legal Counsel 2002-2011
- Hialeah Firefighters Benevolent Association
- Educational Excellence School Advisory Council
- Excellence in Child Welfare Award, Miami-Dade Community Based Care Alliance
- Civic Service Award, Department of Children & Families, awarded for assisting in the processing of entry into the United States of victim children of the 2010 earthquake in Haiti
- Florida Association for Women’s Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter, Scholarship
- Who’s Who in American Junior Colleges
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- University of Miami School of Law – Cum Laude
- Juris Doctor, 1999
- Florida Atlantic University – Magna Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing & International Business, 1996
- Miami Dade Community College – Summa Cum Laude
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration, 1994
- Hialeah High School – Top 2% of Her Class
- High School Diploma, 1992
Endorsements for the Campaign for Carmen Cabarga for Miami-Dade Circuit Court Judge.
News & Events for the Campaign for Carmen Cabarga for Miami-Dade Circuit Court Judge.
Committee for the Campaign for Carmen Cabarga for Miami-Dade Circuit Court Judge.
Contribute to the Campaign for Carmen Cabarga for Miami-Dade Circuit Court Judge.